Sunday, November 29, 2009

We are pregnant!

Yes, yes we are. I took a test the day after Thanksgiving, and wouldn't you know, it was positive. Justin and I went to eat at Peony's for dinner. He really wanted me to take a pregnancy test. I still cannot tell if he was excited or nervous or just needed to know. I was extremely hesitant because I had been having all of these "pregnancy symptoms" and kept thinking to myself, if I am not pregnant, I am crazy. So like I typically do, I shoved my head deep in to the sand. Justin was not having any of that.

After dinner, we went to the CVS and bought some cheapy test. We had already bought a 4-pack from Costco, but those were at home in San Diego and we were still in Temecula. When we got back to my parents house, I went and took the test and began the 3 minute wait...well, from the time I walked all 15 steps from the bathroom to the bedroom where Justin was waiting, sure enough, 2 lines showed up.

I was in complete shock. Excited, but shocked. I think Justin was the same way. My dad was the only one home at the time, so I went to tell him...I cannot remember how I told him, but his response was "now why did you go an taken do that?" ha! Typical Jerry Welch response. He was excited though.

The next one home was my mom, who had to work late that night. My dad was pacing all over and asking "where is mawnee". Finally, she arrived, and I had no idea how to tell her...I finally sort of just busted it out...and she thought I was joking...but she too was really excited.

She then went to her closit and pulled out the cutest first baby gift ever. It was the book If You Give A Pig A Party...complete with stuffed pig...and oh my...is this piggie ever soft.














Needless to say, I was overjoyed, and clung to the pig because I just loved it so much.

Next up were Kendall and Oscar, but they did not get to find out til the morning. They had been at the Disney Studios til way past my bedtime. I woke up at the break of dawn and pulled everyone from their beds, much to Kendall's dismay. Oscar was already awake. I told them that they were going to be an Aunt and Uncle and they were happy...but ya know Kendall, she is not really worth a cent in the morning...so she went back to bed. When she woke up at noon, she was overjoyed, as was Oscar.

**A funny little side note** A pregnancy test was being passes around all weekend and Kendall and Oscar kept joking that I could not leave until I peed on it. They were way more excited than I was...

No comments:

Post a Comment