Sunday, June 19, 2011

Nicole and Josh Get Hitched

Lauren attended her very first wedding this weekend and while she was still too young to enjoy the wedding feast of hamburgers, hot dogs, salads and fruits, she did get her boogie on with Mommy and Daddy on the dance floor!

The ceremony was long but meaningful. I say long because keeping a 10 month old quiet for any length of time is a challenge, factor in the fact that it was hot out, the sun was in her eyes and she wanted down to the mix, and you have a recipe for disaster. Fortunately for us, I had purchased some new toys to keep her occupied during the ceremony and it worked.

My flower girls and ring bearer sang, and my cousin Kevin played the guitar. I had no clue he played...so funny!

After the ceremony, we took family pictures.
Mama and her girls...

The three girl cousins...

All the cousins...

All the grandkids, and great grandkid...

A picture with me and my flower girls! They have grown to be such beautiful young women. I just adore them both!

Dancing with Lauren

Nicole gave her bouquet to the couple that had been married the longest. 60 years and 5 months! Congrats Mr. and Mrs. MacAdam, what an inspiration!

When my uncle mentioned that there was not going to be wedding cake, I thought he was joking! Then we arrived and I realized he was not joking at all! 3 small cakes, 300 people.

The three cakes were cut by Nicole and Josh, Bryan and Kathy, and Grandma Margie and Papa Dave, who all share a June 18th wedding date! (Sounds like someone else we know, huh?)



Once the cakes were cut, guests were each served a cookie. Yumm.

The dance floor was hoppin'

and then they started the money dance...Kevin provided an I owe you!

Uncle Scott had some moves!

While Nicole and Josh were busy dancing with their...umm...paying customers, heehee, the groomsmen were busy at work trashing, I mean decorating the get away car.


Dancing continued til it was time for Nicole and Josh to make their grand departure.


They had one last dance and then they were off!



Then the cleanup started and it was time for us to head home.

Lauren conked out on the car ride home. (moving vehicle plus bouncing from the road plus cell phone camera picture, but you get the idea)

Some extra pictures...
Lauren and her Bompie



Lauren and Grandma...

Just the three of us...at the end of the day...

Lauren and her Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment