Thursday, September 19, 2013

Some good news...some bad news...

 Written September 28, 2014

The really great news is I FINALLY found a work around to get the pictures loaded in to the blog and I should be able to get some updates going shortly. The very bad news is that I am an entire year behind at this point! An entire year...which means things are going to be very condensed, but I guess that is better than nothing, right? So what are some highlights from this past year you will have coming?

September 2013:
Work kept me VERY busy with back to back conventions with Sonic Restaurants annual convention (4,000+ attendees) and then the Annual Medical Practitioners Conference (10,000+ attendees) and then Justin and I left for Las Vegas to meet up with Arie Luyendyk, Jr. about the 2014 IndyCar Season after his last TORC race of the season.
























Justin & I did manage to sneak off one night and have a nice dinner, just the two of us in the midst of all the work chaos!



 The day I got back from Las Vegas, it was back to work with another group up at the Hyatt in Carlsbad and then we had mass departures at the airport.






















October 2013: We spent time as a family camping in Oak Glen, again!















November 2013: We spent Thanksgiving Weekend in Temecula with our family. We decorated for Christmas the day after...





















December 2013: December took us to Knott's Berry Farm for two days to see Santa and visit the park. We went Christmas light looking, decorated Lauren's tree and enjoyed the arrival of our resident "Elf on a Shelf" named Click. Christmas weekend was spent in Temecula with family.

























January 2014: I spent 11 days working in Costa Rica and to say that it was exciting and exhausting was a complete understatement, but I worked for SEVEN YEARS to get invited by this particular company to join them as a contractor...and I even got to go with the client I wanted to, so it was just an amazing opportunity.



















After my 11 days in Costa Rica, I returned to work an event for 2,000 people, including a complete buy out of Sea World for the day and a seated dinner at Miramar another night.
 






















I got a much needed Mother-Daughter day for some margaritas and shopping once all that craziness was over!





















February 2014: The month of February brought rain dances in our new rain boots, another work trip...this time to the frozen city of Chicago for 8 days and then a fun hot chocolate date on the kitchen floor with my favorite girl!

























March 2014: We had a fun day exploring Balboa Park with our dear friends Carson and Christina the first week and then an extended Winter season in Mammoth Mountain was calling our name and on a whim we packed up and headed up 395 in our new 4 wheel drive diesel to enjoy all things winter one last time! We returned home and finished off the month with walks around the neighborhood in the our rain boots in the rain or our sneakers with the sunny skies.


























April 2014: Another trip to Las Vegas to meet up with Arie happened, but he wrecked hard the first day and ended up with a broken collar bone...total bummer for him and the team. April also brought a playdate with more friends, Kendall's baby shower and many dinner dates with my friend Christina as I planned her 40th birthday party and Easter with Aunt Leona and Uncle Michael.




























May 2014: May brought Pre-Schooler attitudes, work trip for Justin, lots of Winter clearance shopping for our upcoming trip (even Raygan, who was not born yet scored!), a trampoline park date with Daddy and a duck feeding session at the golf course with Bompie, a shopping and lunch date to Nordstrom with Mommy and a visit to Daddy's work.




























June 2014: We welcomed the newest, tiniest member to our family. We visited Salt Lake City, Jackson Hole, Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Cody WY and Las Vegas.



























July 2014: We spent 4th of July in Temecula watching the parade and fireworks and vacationing with Kendie and Travie at the Beach...We also had many a Happy Hour and Lauren practiced writing her name in preparation for PreSchool in a few weeks!


























August 2014: August was spent preparing for PreSchool and spending time as a family around San Diego. We visited the New Children's Museum twice and went to the SDSU open house, we celebrated Lauren's 4th birthday, started preschool at an AMAZING school,babysat Raygan for the first time, took Lauren for her 4 year old physical and realized she sleeps with entirely too many animals and toys!


































And now here we are...back to September 2014. We watched Raygan again, Lauren is loving school, I am loving my work, and it seems like I have spent more time at the hospital both as a visitor and a patient more this month than I have the entire year! Bring on October!



No comments:

Post a Comment