Then one night...I was in the bathroom, sick like usual and I was thinking about baby names...and I asked myself, who is a beautiful, respected woman in your life? And instantly, I thought of Aunt Laura. She is not my "real" Aunt. She is my mom's brother's wife's sister. Got that? okay. Anyways, she has always been and aunt to me, and that is all that matters. Aunt Laura worked in Special Events and told me all about her career when I was younger. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. Who knew you could go to college for it and get paid to plan big huge parties? Well she did and she did it well. She has always mentored me and I adore her husband Scott who is my chiropractor now and her amazing children...all three were in our wedding...love them!
So anyways, back to naming Lauren. The idea came to me to name her Lauren after Aunt Laura. Gabriella, Laura's youngest daughter has the middle name Lauren after Laura. (Alexis' middle name is Kathryn after my Aunt Kathy, Laura's sister). And of course, Lauren's middle name came from my sister Kendall Elizabeth...so that is how Lauren Elizabeth got her name.
Between our busy schedules, this was the first time they got to meet. Lauren was a wee bit grumpy and not too hot on the idea of being held by someone else, but she didn't cry, so that was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment