Lauren's first visit to Santa in 2010. As I was packing the pictures away last year, I had a feeling I would love pulling them out and going back in time, so many memories! I had no clue just how much I truly would CHERISH those moments from last year this year, and I am sure it will only get sweeter as each year passes.
Lauren with Santa for the first time last year (2010).
Baby's First Christmas 2010 ::tear::
Our 2011 Christmas Card. Last year, our card was a perfect 5x7 and I had a cute frame sitting around, so I put it in it and decided to start a tradition of framing our card each year. Well, this year, the card was not a standard size, so I had to have it custom framed and matted. That was not cheap, but it looks great!
I love the colors of the mats and the half brushed half polished look of the frame!
See! Lauren loves the entertainment center.
She stopped to check out the new decorations.
Our Elf, Click. Lauren named him last year.
Sitting next to our Elf is our 2010 Christmas Card and on the bookshelves are all of the cards we have received so far.
I made new Pottery Barn look a likes this year. I wanted a set in silver and red to match our Pottery Barn Stocking Holders and Stockings. I think it looks just like the $79 one at Pottery Barn.
I placed my Pottery Barn look a like garland and our Pottery barn silver and red grosgrain ribbon framed stocking holders on our mantel. The stockings are only there when Lauren is not. I am afraid she will pull one down and have the very heavy stocking holder tumble down on top of her. I love the white twinkle lights woven in. They look so magical at night when only those lights and some candlelight are glowing.
Since I made new red and silver garland and wreath this year, I moved the red and gold garland and wreath to our front door. I think they look great there.
I made this garland the week before Thanksgiving and put it out on our bedroom deck. Below the deck is our garage and the street. It is just a simple 18 foot garland with poinsettias, white lights and red velvet bows.
When we arrived home from Thanksgiving weekend, I found this out on our front entry. The neighbor stopped me to see if I had noticed it and then proceeded to tell me that their 6 year old demanded that they decorate immediately with "green stuff and red bows" too! She ended up going to the store that night to purchase everything to decorate. I love it!
Up next: decorating Lauren's tree in her bedroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment