Thursday, April 5, 2012

Playgroup Easter Party 2012

Today was our playgroup Easter Party! My friend Christina and I decided to plan April's playgroup activities and first up was an Easter Party. The party started at 10:30am, but Lauren and I left the house at 9:15am to pick up balloons at Party City and then to get there early to decorate and set up. We got there a bit earlier than Christina and Carson, so I set Lauren up at her chair on a table and she had breakfast. She watched as I separated the balloons, put snacks out and decorated the picnic area.



We asked each guest to bring a dozen filled eggs for an egg hunt. The whole area was just dotted with festive eggs!


As soon as everyone arrived, we started the egg hunt. Lauren did not like wearing her sandals in the grass.

I think she picked up a total of 3 eggs at the hunt.

Other kids were very in to the hunt and got LOTS of eggs filled with goodies.





I was able to pick up a smaller, but coordinating, Easter Basket from Pottery Barn Kids this week to match her giant basket that the Easter Bunny fills every year. With my rewards points, I spent $5. It would have cost $39 without the sale and discount!

We tried to gather the kids for a group picture. It was not very successful. As you can see, Brooks make a run for it right away...

Then Cristian got up to walk away...

...all the while, Lauren is crying because she did not like sitting in the grass!

While the kids played and I took pictures, some of the other moms socialized.

at one point, Lauren had enough and headed off to the playground.

Then AnnMarie broke out the bubble machine. It was a big hit! Lauren had her sneakers on now, so she was happy to be in the grass.

I picked up this adorable pink bunny shirt for her at Janie and Jack the other day. It is so cute. It has puffed sleeves and a keyhole in the back with a button closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment