Monday, January 7, 2013

A Special Engagement

It all started the week before Christmas when I found out that Travis was going to propose to Kendall while they were back East for the holidays and once I caught a glimpse of the beautiful ring he had picked out, I was just too excited and wanted to host an engagement party for them as soon as they returned. This was right over Christmas and everyone was "partied out". But I convinced Justin to give me a small budget to work with. I called Travis and he wasn't interested in a party, so I just dropped the idea. Fast forward a few days and I get a text message from Travis...he changed his mind and he wanted an engagement party after all.

Great! So now, I have less than two weeks to put this party together. He ups the ante and its game on! The next morning, I start calling everyone to get the invitations rollin. Obviously, I cannot send out formal invitations at this point in the game, so calls will have to work. I was going to keep it simple...then my mom FIRED ME from the food portion of the event and took over for her self with about six days til the party. She left me in charge of decorations and alcohol. Perfect! That is what I am good at anyways, right? Who needs food? Booze and atmosphere is what it is all about anyways. Haha. Saturday was spent making sure I had enough wine glasses for 30+ guests and flowers and serving dishes and decorations and napkins and the list goes on.

Sunday morning, the day of the party, we headed up to Temecula to put the finishing touches on the party. I picked the theme of wrought iron and white. I think it looked really nice.

I frosted the cupcakes once we arrived and got those all set up.



These two have the best relationship. I just love it. I think it helps that they both love Kendall and I and so they are willing to do whatever it takes to make us happy...and if that means polishing glassware, then that is what they will do, and they will have fun doing it (unless I catch them having fun with the camera!)! We are all so excited for Travis to become an official part of our family.















Travis was very excited about all the yummy food!








Best Friends and their moms!

Grammie giving Shirley a tour. I love that they were holding hands.

The men were eating and watching football.




Kendall and Travis opened their gift from Aunt Lori and Dave early so they could use them that day. They were beautiful Orrefors toasting flutes.



Lauren had a blast all day long!

The Bride to Be with her Flower Girl!



At one point, Lauren demanded that both Grandma and Bompie come play with her...right.this.instance.


Big cousins picking on the littlest cousin. They made up for it later when they went out for rides on the four wheelers.



Toast time...





It started out great...


...and went downhill fast. Needless to say, that was the last toast I will ever make in public. Ever. AND I was completely sober.




After everyone left, we got the vacuum out to clean up the cupcake crumbs since they have egg in them and Lauren was super excited to help!



Then it was time for Travis and Kendall (and Lauren) to open presents!




We headed home shortly after this since it was a Sunday night and we had work and speech first thing in the morning. It was so great seeing everyone come out to show their support and love for Kendall and Travis and I think they really enjoyed their party.

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of white & wrought iron decor!!!! Now I want to have a party! ;) Congrats to your sister and her new hubby-to-be!

    ReplyDelete