- How Many Weeks: 18 weeks 0 days
- Weight Gain: At one point this week, I was down almost 15lbs, but I think I am averaging about ten below.
- How big is baby?: well according to Baby Center "Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound."
- Maternity clothes?: I am really loving my yoga capris and Tshirts this week.
- Stretch marks?: No new ones.
- Sleep?: I am sleeping pretty well. I sleep from about midnight until one in the afternoon. I get up about every two hours to go to the bathroom.
- Movement?: Oh yes, this is the first week, I can really feel Minley in there wiggling around. Min likes to lay lengthwise, low and right on my bladder. The little kicks are sharp and feel like little jabs. Prior to this week, I was feeling bubbles popping.
- Food cravings?: Nothing extreme.
- Labor signs?: Nada, thank goodness. Six weeks til viability!
- Belly button in or out?: It is getting flatter, even Justin noticed.
- What I miss: Not getting kicked when I lay on my stomach.
- What I'm looking forward to: We have another appointment to see Minley on Thursday. Its funny how much I miss my baby already. I love looking at him/her on the ultrasound machine.
- Milestone: Justin and I caved and went to a 4D ultrasound place to find out if Minley is a boy or a girl. We are keeping it a secret though, so you will just have to keep on guessing.
Here is my 18 week belly.
No comments:
Post a Comment