Monday, April 19, 2010

A BIG Thank You, Part 1

Back in my first trimester, I was so very very sick. I could barely move from the bed to the couch or the couch to the toilet without throwing up. The laundry backed up, the sinks got stained, the floors got grimey, the mail created quite a bit of clutter, plus the daily messes that occur when you are too sick to clean up. Bowls and cups accumulated on the coffee table and pizza boxes piled up on the counter.

These are the things that drive me bonkers. My sweet husband on the other hand, does not seem to see the mess. I truly believe that he just does not see it. He tired to clean up, its just not in his nature. I was always the one to clean, even in his bachelor years at San Diego State University, I went down there and cleaned. I washed the sheets, I pulled the dust bunnies out from under the bead, I scrubbed and sanitized all of those little dorm room surfaces. I doubt he even noticed a difference, but it sure made me feel better. Ha!

So fast forward to February (Kendall, do you know the date?). Kendall had FINALLY convinced me to let her come down and spend the day overhauling the house. Frankly, it needed it. I needed it. It was just a mess and it was really stressing me out. At about 6am the morning Kendall was due to come down and clean for me, I made a call to my mom. It went something like this...
Cristin "hi mom, what are you doing"
Carolyn "sleeping, what are you doing"
Cristin "well, I was calling to see if you were working today"
Carolyn "yes, at Caldwell Banker"
Cristin "do you really need to go in today"
Carolyn "well, I have some deposits to make and stuff, so yeah"
Cristin "oh, I see, well you know Kendall is coming down today, right"
Carolyn "yeah, I think she is getting ready to head down there right now"
Cristin "well, would you want to come too?"
Carolyn "I need to go in to work today"
Cristin "could you maybe work a half day"
Carolyn "what are you getting at...its 6am?"
Cristin "I think it is more than a one person job"

And so, my mom and sister came down and cleaned and scrubbed and organized and laundered for hours and hours. I think ten hours to be exact. I was so thankful and so was Justin. As a thank you, I told them I would take them to a spa day at Glen Ivy once I was feeling better.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment