I have watched this show every year and hoped and prayed that when I was finally pregnant with my first baby, I would be pregnant enough to go. In fact, when we were trying to get pregnant, I mentioned to Justin...now is a great time to get pregnant because I will be pregnant for Ellen's Mother's Day show. Yup. I was thinking that far ahead. I mean, how cool would it be to win all those fabulous prizes?
Well, I did find out I was pregnant in November and began checking Ellen's website daily. I knew that the way to get on the show was to click on the "Be on the Show" link. Most people think that you try to get tickets through the "Tickets" link on her website. Other people email the show like crazy begging to get tickets to the show. Haha suckers! So anyways, I checked the show site daily, sometimes 2 and 3 times a day. Justin was checking, Kendall was checking, even Aunt Leona was checking.
I started to get bummed out because every year (in the past) the application was posted in early March. So March came, and March went. A girl posted on a message board the she knew someone from the show and she got tickets and that the show was already sold out. I was bummed, but I did not lose hope. Then last Friday, April 9th, I checked the site. It was about 5:45pm and there it was...the application to be on the Mother's Day Show.
I filled out the application as soon as I saw it!
I clicked submit and hoped I would hear from the show some time within the next week. Afterall, it was a Friday at 5:45pm. Well, I got up to go to the bathroom, and wouldn't you know, my phone had rung, and I had a missed call. I did not notice it until 6:30pm. I checked to see why I had a missed call icon...and sure enough, it was an 818 phone number. My heart sank. I knew this was an LA phone number and I had missed the call. I listened to the message and it was Jessica, the audience coordinator for the show and she wanted to hear more about my pregnancy and ask me some more questions. She left a call back number, so I immediately called it back and left her a message. I bet I sounded pretty desparate on her voice mail, because at that point, I was on the verge of tears. How could I have missed THE CALL!!! I had to wait all weekend to hear back from her. What if the show filled up between then and now, what if you only get one chance? I was miserable all weekend and just kicking myself.
Who would have thought she would call me back 45 minutes after I applied? I kept my phone by my side all weekend and anytime it would ring, Kendall, Oscar, my dad and mom (I went to Temecula for the weekend) would yell throughout the house "PHONE!" haha.
Monday morning at 9am, mom came in to my room to wake me up and call Jessica again. I called but she did not answer. Her message said the best time to reach her was between 10am and 2pm. So I hung up and waited. At 9:51am, the phone rang...I screamed and ran to the bed in my parents' room where I had left my phone. I was drying my hair in the bathroom and I do not get reception in there. I ran, and leaped (not wise on a pregnant lady's part) to the phone and sure enough...it was an 818 number.
Jessica asked me more questions and also some of the ones that were on the application. (I think they screen for liars and frauds) At the end of the call she said that I was going to be given TWO GUARANTEE RESERVED SEATS to the Mother's Day Show. Squeeeeel! They want you to bring a pregnant lady, but I really am not close to anyone that is pregnant right now (and dependable enough to show up on time and not make me miss the show), so I am going to take my mommy with me instead. That is an option if you do not have a pregnant person to take with you. Plus, the mommy of the mommy gets all the prizes too.
Jessica emailed me another survey with more questions and a request for pictures...here is my survey.

and the third page with the pictures.
The show is going to be taped on Thursday May 6, 2010 and will air Friday May, 7 2010. Mom and I will head up to the Warner Brother's Studio lot in Burbank bright and early, unless I can find a cheap hotel room the night before. I am so, so, so excited. I really wish I could bring Kendall to the taping, because she is so attached to this pregnancy, but if I could not bring a pregnant lady, they wanted me to bring my mama.




i'm so glad you updated the blog!! i keep checking! hooray for ellen show tickets, i saw on fb too :) that will be really exciting for you and your mom! still dying to see you by the by! hugs!!!
ReplyDelete