When we got there, we headed over to the membership desk because we wanted to buy memberships. We were thinking about saving our tickets to give to someone else because we were planning to buy memberships. Then I got the genus idea to see that the value of the tickets was and see if we could upgrade them. Guess what?!?! Our $99 membership for the year cost us $25 to upgrade for all three of us. For that price, I called my mom over to upgrade theirs too. We are all now the proud owners of season passes to the Zoo and Safari Park.
First stop, well en-route to our first stop, the flamingos!
Our first real stop was the Safari Tram. While we waited in line, Lauren played with one of the employees. He was great!
Our tram is here!
Lauren LOVED the rhinoceroses.
Actually, she loved everything about the tram ride.
View of the Safari Tram portion of the park.
After the tram, we found a shady spot to have lunch. We beat the crowds. Lauren also got an outfit change because her diaper leaked. That never happens. Luckily I packed an extra outfit. I never pack extra outfits.
Lauren and her Bompie.
She thought it was cool to ride like this...
Gorillas
Riding on her Daddy's shoulders. One of her favorite places.
Bompie was SOOOO excited to take Lauren to Lorikeet Landing! You buy this syrup from them and then the birds come down and land on your hands. Lauren was impressed, until they flew away when she tried to grab them!
New set of shoulders to ride on.
This is where I decide that I really need an ice cream...
"its back there!"
"what do you mean, no ice cream?"
Next stop was this floating marble ball. Lauren liked it a lot until...
...some kids showed up and wanted to share. Lauren was not a fan and burst in to tears. These sweet boys stepped back to leave her alone and I told them that it was sweet of them, but she would get over it.
...and then they left and she was happy again.
One of our last stops of the day was the petting zoo.
Lauren trying to take her pants off!!! Hilarious. This was the first time she had ever tried to do that and we were all dying of laughter.
Me and my girl!
Of course, I had to go shopping for an ornament, but I was not a fan. I am hoping that the Zoo has better ones.
While I shopped, Lauren played and when we told her it was time to go, this is what she did.
She really wanted to play on the foot massage chairs...
...so Bompie gave her a quarter to get a foot massage.
She really liked it.
It was so wonderful not being in a rush since we have passes now. We cannot wait to go to the Zoo and visit Safari Park again!
LOL... the one where she is taking her pants off.. HILARIOUS!
ReplyDelete