Tuesday, June 29, 2010

34 Weeks


  • How Many Weeks: 34 weeks 1 days
  • Weight Gain: Well, I think I am still right on track for gaining one pound a week for the last ten weeks.
  • How big is baby?: well according to Baby Center "Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies."
  • Maternity clothes?: I finally get to wear my 4th of July dress this weekend. I am very excited.
  • Stretch marks?: Olive Oil Butter and I are BFFs these days.
  • Sleep?: I am doing fairly well and even seem to be waking up less to pee than before. My arms are still falling asleep when I am sleeping and I forgot to ask Dr. B about it yesterday.
  • Movement?: Well, the little home slice has flipped and is not head first in my pubic bone. This is a good thing as far as natural delivery is concerned, however, I must say the chronic hiccups down south feel EXTREMELY odd and are not cute anymore. Her giant behind is shoved up to the bottom of my ribs and I am getting kicked a lot on the sides. So far, no rib kicks. Thank you Minley! Also a little story, last night, I was laying in bed and I could feel her little leg. Dr. B explained where all her little limbs were yesterday, so I knew it was her leg, I was running my fingers up both sides of it when, yank, all of a sudden she pulled away. I felt so, so, so bad. It was like I was terrorizing her. She was probably so freaked out that someone grabbed her leg. I feel so awful about it now.
  • Food cravings?: Not really, but I am getting my appetite back. Hopefully, I can maintain the 1 pound a week goal.
  • Labor Signs: Nothing. I can feel the pressure of her head being engaged though. It is annoying.
  • Belly button in or out?: It is flat. It finally made it to flat.
  • What I miss: Gosh...I just want to be able to walk like a normal person again.
  • What I'm looking forward to: 4th of July weekend will mark the last trip to Temecula before she comes, so we are going to be organizing all of her things that need to come home with us, and all of the things that need to be up there for her once she comes. Plus...I just love 4th of July.
  • Milestone: She flipped and is no longer a transverse baby. Dr. B said she will stay this way until she comes. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment