So without further adieu, Halloween 2010, Munley-Style:
The mantle that wishes it was a real mantle. The corn candies were cut out of felt and sewn on by hand to orange and white checkered ribbon.
The boo blocks were cut by my dad and then I painted them "pumpkin orange", mod podged the scrapbook paper to them and then hand painted and glittered the B-O-O letters. The little pumpkins in between are candles.
The coffee table has pumpkins and wire acorn candle holders on the top and bottom. I purchased the acorn holders two years ago at a Black Friday Sale at Michael's Craft Store. At the time, I thought they were pumpkins...oh well. They still make adorable Fall Decorations and I plan to leave the coffee table as is until Thanksgiving.
Since our current home is very small, there are not too many places to decorate. I put the spooky blocks in front of the TV and I really liked them there. I made those and the boo blocks this year, but they were done before Halloween. The spooky blocks were made the same way as the boo ones, except I used glittered cork board letters. I love cork board letters. So much cuter than plain old vinyl stickers. I added ribbon to the blocks to add some attitude. The two frames are not normally there. I just put them there for the picture.
I purchased the two frames on clearance at Kohl's after Halloween this year and each was 70% off. I spent less than $10 for both! My plan is to put a picture of Lauren at Halloween in one each year. The Little Pumpkin one will hold this year's Halloween picture and the Trick or Treat one will hold next year's picture. I know I am a little ahead of myself for buying next years frame, but I loved it so much, and since Lauren will be Trick or Treating for the first time next year, I could not resist. I am starting a tradition of the yearly frame because as a kid, my mom had a few Christmas frames that got packed away each year and they had pictures of me with Santa in them. It was so fun pulling them out of the Christmas box and seeing how I had changed over the years. I want to do this with Lauren's Halloween pictures and again with Christmas pictures. Maybe Easter and Valentines Day too. I think they will be fun decorating additions each year.
Missing from the mix are orange twinkle lights and strings of Mickey Mouse Pumpkin Lights, but I could not find a place to put them, so they stayed in the box. Maybe next year.
And there you have "The Munley Halloween 2010"...just 11 days late.
those are super cute! i really should learn how to sew one of these days when i'm doing nothing...and the new tongue trick, precious!!!
ReplyDelete