Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Its beginning

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. I spent the entire afternoon making a garland and wreath for our mantle-less fireplace. I have been in love with a collection from Pottery Barn, but at over $75 a pop, I knew I could create my own for a lot less. Given, they are not as beautiful and pretty as the Pottery Barn ones, they are definitely in my price range and I love them. I wish the true colors showed. They look great in person.

This was my inspiration.

Pottery Barn:

and mine:

Pottery Barn:

and mine:



Lauren helped me out. It took all afternoon. One outfit change, 2 naps, 2 bottles and 4 poopie diapers later, our project was completed. I dressed her in her cute Christmas SnuggleJams to get in the Christmas spirit. I bought them for her last year, the day after Christmas. Long before I knew if she was going to be a sweet little girl.




I bought the garland and wreath and then wired shatterproof ornaments to them. I found that it looked better if I strung a few at a time.


Pottery Barn uses Red and Silver, but our decorations are Red and Gold, so that is what I went with. Did I mention that I LOVE them?!?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. that looks great! wanna make me one too? ;) lol, i know you don't have the time, but it looks amazing and i want one!

    ReplyDelete