Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Diagnosis...

Lauren woke up this morning at 7am. She drank her bottle, I gave her some Tylenol and she went right back to sleep. She slept until 11am. When she woke up she was extra wheezy, so I called Dr. Shalauta's office to see if they could squeeze her in. I was feeding Lauren while I was on the phone with the doctor's office. They said they could squeeze us in at 11:30am. We live 15 minutes away, so I knew it was going to be a pinch. I cut Lauren off from eating (strangely, she did not care at all), tossed on some clothes, grabbed my wallet and the diaper bag and rushed out the door. I get to the garage and realize the carseat base and stroller are not in the car, so I install the base and squeeze the stroller in to the trunk. It was full of moving boxes. I finally get in the car...and the red light is on to get gas.

I go straight to the doctor's office hoping that we make it there okay. We did. I got Lauren checked in on time and they called us back right away. The poor thing did not smile at all. She was so miserable. Donna, the best nurse ever, let Lauren stay dressed to weigh her so she would not get cold. She weighed 19 pounds. While we waited a moment for Dr. S, I changed Lauren's poopie diaper because she did not smell so great.

Dr. Shalauta came in. He loves Lauren so much. He always comments on how big she is getting and this time he noticed how tall she is. He listened to her chest and could hear the rumbling and wheezing. He said that she has bronchitis and sent over a prescription to the pharmacy. I stopped for gas on the way home and Lauren cried the entire time. Once the car got moving again, she fell asleep. She slept the whole ride home, and in to the house. She stayed asleep in her seat once we were inside, so I just left her there. That had never happened before. She always wakes up. I took this picture of her.

She woke up about a half an hour later. I fed her the rest of her morning bottle and put her in her crib. She fussed for a minute and fell asleep. She slept until about 3:30pm. Right about the time Justin got home from work. Justin took over so I could get a quick nap since I am not feeling well either. He fed her and by 4pm, she was asleep in his arms. He brought her in and put her in bed with me. She sleeps so much better in our bed. I think she likes the 600 thread count pima cotton sheets and down comforter. She woke up around 6:30pm. She ate a little, but really was not interested.

We had to go pick up her prescription, so we ran in to Costco to do a return and grab a few items and then while Justin was checking out and picking up pizza, I went to the car to feed Lauren. We stopped at the pharmacy, Justin ran in and we waited in the car. When we got home, Lauren played in her jumperoo for a few minutes, and then cried to be held. By about 9pm, we gave her some Tylenol and her medicine and by 10pm I rocked her to sleep and she was out for the night.

I feel so bad for her, but I do have to admit, all of this sleeping she is doing has been nice. It is allowing me to rest and get better too. Seeing her not feel well just breaks my heart. She has been such a good little girl. I know she does not feel well, but she is still just so sweet and easy going.

1 comment:

  1. poor baby girl :( hopefully you both feel better very soon! hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete