Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sick

I should have known yesterday. I should have clued in that there was a reason why our 45 minute 11 o'clock nap lasted 3 hours. I should have known that Daddy arriving home from work, finding us both asleep in bed, instead of playing or eating like usual meant that something was off. I should have known that the extra blanket on the bed meant things were not good.

I was tired and achy. I assumed it was from getting no sleep on Saturday night and then going to work at 3am, only to stand outside in the freezing cold, ocean misted wind for 8 hours. I assumed my body was just run down. I tried to rest. I tired to catch up. Unfortunately, my crazy schedule got the best of me. It got the best of US. I woke up this morning achy, with a sore throat and a dry nose (which is always a sign I am getting sick). By this evening, Lauren was not feeling well either. She is wheezy and whiny and every time she gets excited, she gasps for air...poor poor baby. So, 3 days shy of her 6 month birthday, Lauren is officially sick for the first time. I feel bad. She slept the better part of the day and so did I. She just wants to be held. I put her in her jumperoo and she just cried. I picked her back up and cuddled her. She has never cried when I put her in it. She cried when I sat her on the bed for our nightly phone call to Grandma. She practically fell asleep in the shower tonight. By 10pm, she was ready for bed. Wide awake, I took her in to our bedroom, held her for a few minutes and she was out cold. We gave her some Tylenol to help her feel a bit more comfortable for the night.



These next pictures are from my Blackberry Phone Camera, so they are not great. I sent them to Auntie Kendie tonight while I was telling her about Lauren being sick. She said her heart was breaking. Mine is too.





No comments:

Post a Comment