"I feel so bad for her, but I do have to admit, all of this sleeping she is doing has been nice. It is allowing me to rest and get better too. Seeing her not feel well just breaks my heart. She has been such a good little girl. I know she does not feel well, but she is still just so sweet and easy going."
I have never seen my child to happy/excited/nuts! I am exhausted and do not feel well, so I decide that she has been awake long enough, so I put her in her sleep position (like a baby) and start to bounce her around. She always falls asleep when I do this. Not this time. She is slapping my face and pinching me. 5 minutes of that and I was too through, so I break out a swaddle blanket and I superman her. (Remember superman from when she was a baby?)
Well, that straight up pissed her off. She was not just mad, she was furious. She threw the worst tantrum I have ever seen from her. She was screaming out of anger, arching her back, turning red, fighting to get her arms loose. I am fighting back, because I am now so tired that I am angry. By 4am, her tantrum had woke Justin up, so he comes out to see what on earth is going on...she smiles at him...and that just made me even more mad. I give her to him and say "here...she likes you, take her"...so he takes her in to bed to try and get her to sleep. She is laying on the bed giggling and rolling around, doing tricks, playing with her feet, swinging from chandeliers (well, not really, but if we had one, she would have). I load the dish washer and start a load of laundry, because I clean when I am upset...all the while...crazy lady is in with her daddy...still in the dark...having the time of her life!
By 5am, she is sort of losing steam...so I put her in her crib and put on my pretend boxing gloves, prepared to go rounds with her. Then Justin comes up with a genius idea...she needs more Tylenol! Yup...it was time...ninight Lauren...! So we give her the Tylenol and 20 minutes later she is out cold. Hallelujah! Justin, who had given up and was on his computer, came back to bed for another hour.
At 6am, his alarm clock went off and woke Lauren up. I was SOOO upset! But she fell back asleep. She slept until 7:45am, woke up, played in bed with me, while I tired to sleep and by 8:30am was hungry. I fed her, played with her and she was asleep in bed with me by 9:45am. At 9:55am, my phone rings...dang it! So I take the call, and luckily Lauren stayed asleep. She woke up around 11am, and proceeded to wake me up by slapping me across the face. I was still so tired, and sick that I wanted to cry...so I called MY mommy. She asked about Lauren's medicine...so I looked...it was Albuterol! That stuff hops me up soo bad. It is like speed. If I would take it, and not immediately work out, I would shake for hours. Lets just say...that was the LAST dose!
She played and went down for a long nap at 3pm, a nap that her daddy and I joined her in...she stayed awake until 9pm, when she was just too tired to continue. She woke up again at 9:45pm. I held her hoping she would go back to sleep...nope. So I fed her...nope. So I turned the lights on and let her play while I worked on a blog entry about our new house. By midnight, she was too tired to continue, so I put her in her bed, and she fell asleep on her own.
So moral of he story...NEVER EVER say that you are enjoying all the sleep...
No comments:
Post a Comment