Sunday, September 25, 2011

Out with the...expensive?

...We love our BMW, we really do. But it is not practical. $600 a month plus $2000+ every 20,000 miles for new tires. So as our lease was coming to a close, Justin and I sat down and debated what we should do. Should we buy it out for the remaining $30,000? Should we try to sell it? Give it back? Trade it in? What do we want instead?

Back in June, my grandparents mentioned that they wanted to sell their truck and trailer. It was getting to be too much for them. The truck is a 2001 with less than 10,000 miles on it. I claimed "dibs" on the trailer years ago. (To have the first opportunity to buy it) My grandparents LOVE to go and trade stuff in/sell it on whims, so I wanted to make it clear that I was interested. I have been camping with them in it all but a few of their trips. I know the trailer. I have pulled it, parked it, set it up. It is easy.

So back to our decision. My grandparents decided that October would be a great time to sell us the truck and trailer. On September 24th, Justin and my dad went to Hemet to pick up our new toys. We are so excited and the money we are saving every month on the BMW lease will be handy. (PS, we paid top market value for both, so don't go thinking I ripped my grandparents off. If anything, we got ripped off)

We are storing the trailer at my parents' house because there is no such thing as "land" in San Diego...they had some spare acreage to kindly store it for us.

So the toys are a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD and a 2001 29.5 foot Keystone Sprinter




Of course...my dad took over...



We cannot wait to go camping in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment