Tuesday, May 11, 2010

27 weeks

  • How Many Weeks: 27 weeks 1 day
  • Weight Gain: I am now officially nine pounds up from my pre-pregnancy weight. The doctor said this is fine and the Minley is growing right on schedule.
  • How big is baby?: well according to Baby Center "This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle."
  • Maternity clothes?: Nothing new. I did buy a support belt this week at Babies R Us. I am not sure I am going to keep it. It is not very supportive. Ha!
  • Stretch marks?: They are right at my belly button. Ugly little suckers, but they are fading already.
  • Sleep?: Sleeping is getting easier. What?!?! Yes, easier. With my belly getting bigger and rounder, balancing on my side is a lot easier. Waking up to pee every two hours, that is another story.
  • Movement?: Minley is wiggling more than ever. It gets annoying at times, but I remind myself that if I was not feeling those wiggles, I would be worrying that something was wrong. They should become less and less over time as he/she continues to grow and runs out of space to gain leverage on those kicks, punches and bicycle legs.
  • Food cravings?: Sugar and water. Sugar, because I have been avoiding it for my gestational diabetes test I had today and water...well, because I am thirsty.
  • Labor Signs: None, not a single contraction this week.
  • Belly button in or out?: It hasn't made it to a completely flat state, but it is on its way.
  • What I miss: My mobility. I waddle now, and it is not cute.
  • What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower is three weeks. There are so many wonderful people that I have not seen in a long time that are going to be there. Oh and lunch with Catherine on Thursday. I have not seen her in forever!
  • Milestone: Ellen Show conquered!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. yay for lunch! can't wait to see your cute waddling self :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 14, 2010

    21 Days til your shower!!! YAYYYY!!! I can not wait!! So far, the people that have RSVP'd all are coming... I am still waiting on some people, but hopefully they will call me this week. :)

    ReplyDelete