Thursday, May 20, 2010

Playing with Minley and Other Things

Yes, yes I can play with little Minley. I enjoy it. It makes me smile. I want to remember these things.

Today, I was laying in bed, not feeling so well and Minley decided it was time to play. I always smile when I look down and see my belly joyfully dancing from all of the baby movement. I said to Min "Are you mommy's Bouncy Baby?" and bounce, hop, kick, kick kick...so I asked again...this time in a sqeeeeeky voice...and the same bouncy movement happened...this went on for over an hour. I was not sure that Minley was actually responding, so some times, I would just wait a few minutes or ten and then ask again...and sure enough, hop, bounce, roll, kick...it made my heart melt. Minley also responds on command to me asking if he/she is a squeeeeeky baby. It is so cute.

Minley is also very in tune with my emotions. If I am stressed out or worried, I get a few good kicks to remind me that I am loved. It is very sweet. This afternoon, Justin got stuck on a boat. This has never happened before. I can always reach him. This time was different. He is usually on the road by 2pm...this time he was not. We had an appointment to get the BMW's oil changed at 4pm. Justin took that car to work with him. When 2pm rolled around, I started calling him to see if he was on his way...no answer. 3pm came and still no call, no email, no text message. By 3:45pm I was starting to worry because Justin knew we had an appointment at 4pm, why hadn't he called. I finally made the decision to just call and cancel the appointment. They were very nice about it. By 4:15pm I was hysterically crying, thinking something terrible had happened. It is amazing how having a baby in my belly has made me that much more vulnerable to fears of losing Justin. I called my mom, freaking out and she helped to calm me down. Finally, at 4:30pm Justin called to say that he was stuck on the ship and would be heading home soon.

The reason I am documenting this story is because Minley was so cute the whole time...just kicking away. It is like a free ride or something, but it is so nice to know that he/she is doing well in there and I just find it so cute that whenever I am stressed, or scared or down, this little one lets me know that things are okay.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment