So we get up to BPS and the place is a zoo. I guess that is what you get when you go to see Santa that has been advertised on TV as "a free picture with Santa". They offered a "Bass Pass" where we could come back later and not wait in line. At 1:30pm we got our Bass Pass for 4:30pm. We headed over the the Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant inside Bass Pro Shop. The wait time for a table was 45 minutes. We wandered around while we waited.
While we were wandering around, we found this magical fireplace set up in the Fly Fishing Department, so we took a few pictures. Lauren looked so cute in her white jammies and bow. We got stopped about every feet by someone telling us how cute she was. I have to admit...I think she is pretty cute and I loved all the attention she was getting considering the place was swarming with children waiting to see Santa.
...then my dad found this HUGE fish and played with Lauren. I think she liked it!
Justin was hungry, so we headed over the the Fudge Shop and he got some Cinnamon Roasted Cashews. They were good and I did not have an allergic reaction to the one I tired.
Once we were seated, we ordered the Venison Stuffed Mushrooms.
Marla told me that the Clam Chowder was to die for...so I ordered it as well. While it was good, it definitely was not Ivar's of Seattle good.
While we waited for our entree's to arrive, Lauren had her lunch and then...(sorry mom, I know you have a funny face here, but Lauren looked SOOO cute!)
...danced on the table...
...and demolished 2 bags of Oyster crackers. She loved the sound the baggies made.
My dad had the Catfish and said that it was as good as the catfish in Alabama.
My mom had the Island Grilled Mahi Mahi.
Justin (of course) had the Tournament Series Bacon Cheeseburger.
...and I enjoyed the Rotisserie Chicken and Ribs...and it was DELICIOUS!
Lauren did not want to sit in her stroller while we ate, so I held her while everyone else ate. She is usually really good, but she was so overly tired (she did not sleep in the car and she ALWAYS sleeps in the car) and overly stimulated. Once Justin finished eating, he took her for a little stroller ride and she conked out...with her fists in the air. So sweet!
When we were all done with lunch, we headed to the second story of BPS to look around at the guns and gunsafes. It was around 3pm when they announced that the people with the 4:30pm Bass Pass could come get in line, so mom and I headed down there. While we were in line, Lauren woke up from her 45 minute nap. I changed her in line in to her Christmas Dress and Bow...but I forgot her shoes and socks at home...errg.
Lauren was very excited about her bow!
And just as we finished getting her changed, it was our turn to get in the line where Santa was (they only let a few families in to that part at a time).
Daddy videoed...
And Bompie took pictures with his camera and Grandma took pictures with our camera...while I held Lauren in anticipation of seeing Santa!!!
This is Lauren's new thing...she gets herself really high on your shoulder, so she can look around. She loves it.
Everything in Santa's Winter Wonderland was so cute and magical. They had tons of crafts and games for the older kids and everything was FREE!
She did great! Not a tear and even gave us a smile...unfortunately Santa was not looking at the camera. Oh well. Isn't that set up to die for? And Santa sure looked magical!
Once we were done, we went around and took a few more pictures...Lauren was very distracted by her red bow. She LOVES the color red!
...they had these real taxidermy elk every where...
...and we wanted to get a few family pictures at the magical fireplace.
(there she is...up over the shoulder again...this time on Bompie)
When we were done, we changed Lauren in to another cute pair of jammies, so she would be comfy and able to sleep on the ride home. She did not want to sleep, so I fed her (in her carseat, while we drove, which I hate doing...but she was hungry) and then she finally fell asleep holding my hands. She woke up right as we were getting home.
Here is the video footage of Lauren meeting Santa.
Lauren at Santa's Winter Wonderland 2010. The password is 'Lauren'.
No comments:
Post a Comment