Then we went to Five Guys for lunch. I am so happy that there is a Five Guys in San Diego. We ate at Five Guys while Justin was living in Georgetown in Washington DC and it was sooo good. They did not have any locations in California at the time, but they do now. And one is right here in San Diego!

After that, we headed out to Cabrillo National Monument and the home of the Point Loma Lighthouse and Tidepools. It is so close, but we had never been. I worked a few miles away, but never visited it. So that is just what we did. Once we got there, I saw that at 2pm, it was low tide, SCORE! So we planned to check out the tidepools too.
The views from the visitor center were awesome!
A marker showing all the different classes of Navy Ships...
We checked it out and then headed up the hill to the actual Lighthouse.
She makes the funniest faces in the wind. The wind was howling up there that day.
Here she is catching the wind on her tongue.
The lighthouse was cool looking. We did not actually go inside and look at it though. Lauren was getting hungry. So we headed back to the car and I fed her.

Then we headed down the cliffs to the Tidepools. They were a total bust. I made Justin take the stroller and it was really a bad path. There were lots of stairs and it was narrow and uneven at parts...then...we get down there and there are not really even tidepools...LAME! So we enjoyed the view for a few minutes and then headed back to the car.

and a family self-portrait.
Where were your 5 Guy fries from? Warden or Royal City, WA? That is where ours always seem to be from these days, and thats where my parents live!
ReplyDeleteAnd what pretty views!