The morning started bright and EARLY! Justin had to leave at some awful hour, which seemed like the middle of the night to make sure he got on board in time. Lauren woke up crying for whatever reason and Justin brought her in to sleep in bed with me. She went right back to sleep! Hooray. She woke up again around 8am and we went down stairs. While I pumped her morning bottle, she sat in her high chair and snacked on puffs and water. We do this every day. It takes exactly 1 episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to pump, so that is what she watches.
We went upstairs to have her bottle. She feeds her morning bottle to herself while I check my email and whatnot. After that we played for about 2 hours. During that time, Justin called to say they were leaving the Bay and this would be the last call and he loved us. He sent us two pictures as well. One of the flight deck and one of the boat (USS Bonhomme Richard LHD6) going under the Coronado Bridge.


We sent him a picture too.

Soon after the call, it was time for a morning nap. Lauren went down fairly easily after some rocking, shushing and bouncing. While she napped, I packed for our weekend in Temecula. When she woke up, she had a brunch of yummy organic pear puree.
After brunch, I turned on another episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and loaded our things in the car. Lauren fell asleep on the ride to Temecula. Once we got in to town, I swung through the McDonald's drive thru to get some lunch. Lauren played all afternoon with her Bompie. Then I decided that she really needed a swing, so I loaded her up in the car to head to Target. She fell asleep in the car again, so I sat in the parking lot, with the car on because it was HOT and waited for her to wake up. Well, 20+ minutes later, she was still asleep, so I woke her up. There were no swings at Target! Bummer. So I frantically called my mom who was on her way home from work and asked her to stop at Babies R Us and see if they had the swing there. They did! Bompie set her swing up on the frame of the porch swing the first night to make sure she liked it before putting permanent holes in the stucco.
No comments:
Post a Comment