While we were on the freeway, my runflat tire alarm came on in the BMW. It goes off from time to time with the back left tire, because it has a SUPER slow leak, and we were nursing the tire, hoping to make it til trade in time in October. Anyways, the alarm goes off and I notice that it is the back RIGHT! Oh dear. So we pull in to Richie's parking lot and I call my dad over (he was in another car). He pulls out the tire gauge and tests the pressure. He tells me the gauge is broken, then he realizes, no, it is not broken, there is ZERO tire pressure.
Kendall and my mom take Lauren and head in to the restaurant to make a reservation. While they waited, dad and I drove over to the gas station to get some air in the tire. All the while, I am panicking inside, because Justin and I talked before he left about "what if the left tire blows" and he said to replace it.
So we get to the gas station and start "filling" the tire, but it is not filling. Dad has me roll forward, backwards...NOTHING! So he starts feeling my tire...and he sicks his hand in a hole! He pinches the hole shut and air starts going in to the tire. FAIL. So we drive back to Richie's. I am so upset that I cannot eat. I felt so bad because here Justin is out on this underway to get ahead financially, and I have to tell him that I just dropped $800 on a new tire while he was gone when he returns. Everyone else eats dinner and then we head home, on side streets. But first, I had to stop and get gas! Ugh!
Dad followed me home and told me he would call around in the morning to get me the best deal. I do not think I slept at all that night. I felt so bad about having to tell Justin about the added expense to our budget. My dad made calls in the morning and ordered me the new tire. It actually turned out that the tire was a little less than I was planning for and was able to get both tires put on the car because we did not need to do an alignment like we had to do for the front tires.
While we waited for the tires to arrive at the tire place, Lauren and Bompie played.
She plays the piano with her hands (and feet!)
She went through Bompie's snack drawer.
She went through Bompie's stash of Cheetos (that he got on sale)
And they built a fort while I stepped away to pump.
Then, randomly, I got this feeling I should check my phone. And sure enough, Justin CALLED and I missed it. He never calls while he is out to sea, but they came in close enough to shore that he had a signal, so I frantically called him back, but no answer. A few minutes later, he called again. The call was very very broken up, but I was able to tell him about the tire and he gave me his blessing (which I did not need, but appreciated) about the tire. He said he should be home Tuesday night. Lauren got to talk to him for a minute too. Then we lost him. We finished the call via text message, but it sure was wonderful to hear from him. We both missed him really bad.
The tires finally arrived around 4:30pm and my dad drove the BMW on country roads to the tire shop. It was so bumpy and noisy. I was terrified, so I was thankful that he was there to drive.
Here is the poor tire!

We ended up staying the night because the tires got finished so late in the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment