skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- How Many Weeks: 38 weeks 0 days
- Weight Gain: I dropped 3lbs this week...Yay...so I am back on track for 20 lbs. total.
- How big is baby?: well according to Baby Center "Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)"
- Maternity clothes?: I may check out Target for some PJs and some more nursing tanks. I hear they are on clearance this week.
- Stretch marks?: I do not even want to think about them any more. Justin said my skin looks so stretched that the stretch marks look like they are tearing.
- Sleep?: I am in bed a lot...not sure if there is quality sleep going on, but this past week, I have been so uncomfortable that I just lay in bed and doze on and off throughout the day.
- Movement?: She still moves, but you can tell she is frustrated with the tight quarters. However, I do not think she has any intention of coming out. Sunday night Justin was pushing her hiney down and she would spread her legs out on my sides, and then he would push her legs back in and her hiney would pop up...well, he pushed both at the same time...and she totally kicked me in the spine. My stomach is not round anymore...but a very awkward rectangle shape and is usually lopsided.
- Food cravings?: I desperately need Filippis Meat Sauce and Pumpkin Cheesecake (weird...I know).
- Labor Signs: No progress since last week and no contractions. I am extremely uncomfortable, to the point where I have cried. It is all just so tight in my belly. And TMI...but I've been doing a lot of poopin...which is a sign that labor is coming.
- Belly button in or out?: Same as last week: It is flat, and stretched to the max. Occasionally, the top half pokes out just a little bit, but that is only when Min shoves her butt in there.
- What I miss: I miss feeling sexy. I miss really good sleep. I miss being able to do things because I want to...not just doing the things I have to do.
- What I'm looking forward to: I finally feel ready, so I am really looking forward to meeting our little princess and finally giving her a real name. We have one picked out, but we want to have a good look at her first to make sure she fits her name. I also have to make the decision to be induced. Dr. B offered it to me at 39 weeks if I wanted to. At first I said no way...but now I am really considering it. We have an appointment Wednesday, and I will report back with our official decision.
- Milestone: The Minley is officially Full Term!!! I never thought this day would come. I remember being so excited for her viability date to come. I cannot believe she can now come any time now and be healthy and come home with us right away.
No comments:
Post a Comment