Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our Baby Notebook

According to one of my very favorite mommy bloggers of all time, Laura, a baby notebook is an absolute must. Here, she blogs about some of the things you need to take with you to the hospital...and things you do not need. Number one on her list is a notebook.
1. A small notebook w/ pen. Go figure, none of my hospital checklists mentioned this most important, do not forget item! But, I can tell you from firsthand experience, this was probably the best thing I brought to the hospital. Once your sweet bundle of joy is here, you will become this child's personal secretary. You need to count Baby's poops and pees (seriously!), you need to time breastfeedings (at least 20 minutes per boob), you need to keep track of when you had your pain meds (the nurses aren't always on the ball with your next dose of percocet) . . . You will write down who visited you, who send flowers, who brought cookies and gifts . . . I even jotted down funny memories from those first few days with Syd - "Sydney has a very hairy back; she reminds me of my dad." Hehe!
So this weekend, I went to the store and bought a Composition Book to use as Minley's Notebook. Now, you know me...a plain, ugly composition book was not going to cut it, so the next stop was to JoAnns to pick up some cute baby scrapbook paper.

I Mod Podged the paper to the front and back covers, and even Mod Podged the inside with white paper to cover up the class schedule on the front inside cover and the periodic table on the back inside cover.

From ugly composition book to adorable Baby Notebook.



I even Mod Podged the back to match!

Isn't this paper the cutest!



Now I am all ready to start making packing lists, to do lists and recording contractions and everything else we will need to know/remember for the next few weeks. After my total brain freeze last Wednesday, you can bet I will be working on that packing list right away. No reason to repeat that freak out-melt down-brain block a second time.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. that is super cute! and really, a very good suggestion to have with you and ready :) glad that you're getting the last minute stuff done a little early! please please please let me know if there's anything you want or need! food? dinners? you name it and i'll make it!

    ReplyDelete