For about 2 weeks, I have been feeling "off". Some moments are better than others, but progressively, over the course of two weeks, I went from feeling a little off to there is really something wrong. I was thinking that maybe I was depressed, I was thinking that maybe it was my anxiety disorder getting the best of me, I was thinking that maybe it was just...being pregnant.
Justin tried to get me to go swimming on Friday and Saturday, because in the past that has made me feel better, but I did not want to go swimming. I wanted a smoothie, but jokingly Justin said after I went swimming I could have one. Que pregnant, hormonal wife bursting into hysterical tears and then later calling her Mommy to help fix her...because even a pregnant Mommy can still want her own Mommy. Mommy and Daddy came the next day to "cheer me up". It sort of worked, but something was still not right.
Well, by this past Monday, I KNEW there was something wrong and by 10pm, I was really starting to worry. I felt like my blood had been poisoned and had toxic flowing through my system. I know that sounds weird, but that was what I felt like. I got in the shower and just cried and cried. I was freaking out. I knew there was something wrong. I had a doctors' appointment the next day, so I really did not want to call the doctor at (what was now) 11:00pm, so who do I call...Mommy! She told me I really needed to call the doctor, so I did. A nurse lady called me back a few minutes later. I went over all my symptoms and she said it just sounded like "pregnancy", but if for my mind's sake, I wanted to come in to the hospital to be checked out I could. errg. She suggested that I lay down and rest. I asked about a possible bladder infection after going over all my symptoms and she said definitely not.
Here are my symptoms:
- Feeling dizzy and floaty
- Burning when I pee
- Dry mouth no matter how much I drink
- Aching like I had the flu (part of that whole "toxic blood" feeling)
- Major increase in contractions
- Fluid leakage
- Feeling like I was sweating, and yet there was no sweat at all.
- Constantly feeling hot then cold then hot again
I stayed up all night and drank another 2 liters of water. When Justin got up for work, I still felt like crap. I thought, well maybe I am just feeling a primal instinct to go hunker down in a cave and have my baby in the peace and quiet like cats and dogs do...Justin was frustrated because he thought I was depressed and not wanting to talk.
So later in the day, we go to the doctors. I read her my list of symptoms and she says it sounds like nothing, but she will test my pee just in case...
...an hour later she calls back...I have had a friggin Urinary Tract Infection for THREE WEEKS! It is a bladder and kidney infection too. No wonder I have been feeling so crappy. Within hours of starting my medicine, I feel 100 times better.
So moral of the story...Mamma knows when somethin ain't right.
that's really awful that it took so long to figure out, you poor thing! glad you're feeling better!! :)
ReplyDelete