Monday, September 13, 2010

Lauren Meets Catherine Koop and a Very Bad Afternoon

Lauren finally had a decent night sleep, and so did I, so I called my dear friend Catherine to see if she was available for lunch. I kept making plans to meet up with hen and then having to cancel because I was just too exhausted and Lauren was too cranky. But finally, we were all doing well, so we made a plan to meet Catherine for lunch at 11pm at Boudin Bakery at Fashion Valley. I had some Spankx that I needed to return to Nordstrom and I wanted to check out the baby sale at Old Navy, so I got up all my courage and took Lauren out for the first time by my self. I was very nervous.

We stopped and did a deposit at the bank first. I just went through the drive thru, so it was fairly easy. Lauren whimpered a wee bit because the car had stopped for too long. She does not mind being in the car as long as we are moving.

Next stop was Nordstrom. It was weird having to get the stroller out, clip the diaper bag to the stroller and get Lauren out all by my self. Usually, someone is with me, so I never do it all alone. I felt like I was in the parking garage forever. Lauren was a little fussy while I made my exchange. We stopped in at Hallmark because I am on the search for the perfect Baby Calendar. I am thinking I am never going to find it.

Then we got to Boudin and waited for Catherine-the-late, I mean Catherine-the-Great to arrive. Heehee. We had a lovely lunch outside and Lauren was so good. Once I finished my lunch, I fed Lauren and then we headed over to Old Navy. Lauren had a poopie that I needed to change, so I changed her in her stroller in a little cut out on the bottom story of the store. I have this gross-out-fear of those fold down changers in the restrooms...just yuck.

I think that changing her set her off and I made the bubbles in her belly hurt, because she began crying a lot. We said goodbye to Catherine and I headed to JC Penny to get to the parking garage. By this point Lauren was hysterical! We got off the elevator and she was screaming so hard that she was choking and gagging. It was bad. I was just trying to get out to the car. I stopped in the bedding department because I saw a chair. I pulled Lauren out of her carseat and she was beyond hysterical. I was completely flustered and on the verge of a panic attack.

The only time I had ever heard her cry like that was when she was hungry, so I was frantically trying to get the bottle out and the cap off. Well, in the process, I unscrewed the lid and did not realize it. I dumped about 6 ounces of milk all over Lauren and myself. She was choking from the gush of milk in the face. Attempting to feed her made it worse. So I held her with one hand and attempted to push the stroller with the other hand. This was so hard because Lauren still does not have complete head control, but she is able to pick her head up and fling it around. Lauren did have 2 giant burps as we were leaving the store.

A sales clerk stopped me and asked if everything was okay. Gosh, that made me feel so awful. Then, right as we get to the door this woman makes eye contact with me and then drops the door on me. I had to open the door, get the stroller through, and hold a screaming baby. It was just bad.

We get out to the car, and that is where I finally realize that I am soaked with milk. Lauren is screaming still. I have to strap her in to her carseat which makes her mad. I get her loaded in the car, unhook the diaper bag and get that in the car, then I struggle with the stroller trying to get it to close. You have to close it, stand it on its end and then drop the handle. In the process, a water bottle goes flying out of the lower basket and I chase it as it rolls down the parking garage. Mind you, Lauren is in the car screaming like crazy.

I finally get locked and loaded and on the road. Lauren stops screaming for the duration of the ride home. She quit screaming so quickly, that I worried that she stopped breathing. I got stopped at the light to the 163 and she started crying again, and strangely, I was relieved. She slept on the car ride home, but I drove so darn fast, I just kept thinking, if a cop pulls me over, he is not going to write me a ticket. He is going to feel sorry for me for having such a hysterical baby in the back seat.

We get home, and she starts screaming again. That is when I realize she is ice cold, and soaked in milk too. Poor baby. I get her changed, including a diaper filled with milk and wash her off. She calms down and goes to sleep. I clean up the carseat that had milk spill and start spot treating our clothes with the milk spills.

Then my stupid self answers the phone to a random number that turns out to be a job interview. I schedule the interview for the next day. The hours were too good to pass up interviewing for. I called my mom and she agreed to come and babysit the next day. I called the company back to confirm...when Justin got home from a really long day at work...I handed him Lauren and went and hid in the other room and tried to relax.

Photobucket

Written September 20, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment