Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lauren's Playcation at Uncamo and Auntie Kendie's House

Friday night, Uncamo and I brought our Lil Monkey home with us to give Mommy and Daddy a nice anniversary by themselves. We truely enjoyed our time with Lauren. She is so special to each of us and we love her so much!

Friday night, after the football game, Lauren got hungry so we fed her in the parking lot, said goodbye to Mommy and Daddy, then gave her a clean diapee. After that, Lauren said her goodbyes to Grandma and Bompie. I rode in the backseat with Lauren for part of the way home, but she immediately fell asleep, so I climbed into the frontseat. She made the cutest sounds and I kept checking on her. She did great the whole way home. In fact, she did so good that Uncamo and I were able to stop to pick up pizza. When we got home, Uncamo carried Monkey upstairs and I brought in some of her things. She slept the whole time we ate. She is our little princess and the minute she came inside, she claimed the remote control.

Monkey loved her bath. I actually ended up climbing in the bathtub because it was so much easier to be sitting in the bathtub and wash her in her little tub. I got my clothes completely soaked because I was trying to rinse her and ended up just turning on the shower and holding her to rinse her. Uncamo came in laughing because I was standing there soaking wet and she was all clean. After that, we put on her diaper, we gave her a bottle, wrapped her up, and she fell fast asleep.

She slept until 6:00am when I had to wake her up to feed and change her. We went back to sleep for a little while until 10:00 am. When we woke up, Cousin Nicole came over for a visit. It was this exact moment in time I promised myself that I would NEVER ask or try to go visit a new "mom". Let me tell you, even though I totally enjoyed my cousin coming to visit, I felt so stressed out because I didnt have my house clean and I was totally unprepared for any visitors. Having a baby is a lot of work! Of course my Lil Monkey decided to have a major blow out right before Cousin Nicole arrived, and then she was a happy camper with a freshly washed tooshie! (I ended up rinsing her off in the shower because otherwise, I would have used an entire box of wipees)


Anyways, we got lil Lauren ready to go to Toys R Us because there was no way she was going home without Uncamo taking her to the toy store.
So off we headed with Monkey in the backseat and Cousin Nicole following us. Everytime we stopped at a signal, Lauren let us know that it was a red light by screaming the whole time until it turned green and we started moving again. Uncamo thought Mommy and Daddy were joking about "Lauren likes to always be moving".


At Toys R Us, Lauren picked out two guard puppies!


Mommy was very excited when she saw that they were Fao Schwarz! Uncamo told her that she needed a girl guard puppy and a boy guard puppy!

So after that, Cousin Nicole had to go home so Uncamo, Monkey, and I headed to Babies R Us to complete our shopping list of items Lauren requested. Before heading into Babies R Us, I crawled in the backseat with Lauren and gave her a bottle. Woopsie Auntie Kendie... Lauren likes to drink more than a "short". She prefers at least a "tall, grande, or vente" bottle. So we decided to make this trip short. I started out carrying her, but Uncamo cant resist holding her, so somehow after she spit up right down my shirt, he ended up holding her. At Babies R Us, she got a package of diapees and she got a play mat! BOY DOES SHE LOVE IT!!! Uncamo and her picked it out and I think they did a great job!

Lauren also wanted to get Mommy and Daddy a gift for their Anniversary so she asked Uncamo and me to help her make it.



Once the three of us got home, Uncamo carried Lauren up three flights of stairs while I carried all her toys and shopping up.

Immediately, Uncamo started setting up her toys.


Lauren was supervising!

PLAYTIME!!! Wait... whose toy is this?
Now it's Lauren's playtime!
Uncamo decided to share her toy with her. :)
Of course, she was looking at her Uncamo.


I decided to go to Kohls and get her a "Baby's 1st Thanksgiving" outfit, so Uncamo babysat Lauren.
I got home and he said that she cried both of them to sleep.

Then it was time for the horrible eyedrops! Oh man! Lauren, Monkey... I am sooooo sorry sweetie! I hated it as much as you did! I am so sorry! Ok, so we had been putting her new eyedrops in while she was sleeping, but this time she was awake when we needed to put them in. Oh man did she scream! And not just any scream... It was a HELP ME, I AM IN PAIN scream!! Uncamo walked away and when he came back he found "Auntie Kendie holding Lauren and both of them were crying!!" I could not stand seeing her in pain! My heart fell apart. That was the end of her happiness that night! She scream from about 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM. We gave her tummy drops and tylenol and even a bath but nothing worked. Eventually, I got her to sleep and it was wonderful! We got a good nights sleep and woke up around 8:00 AM for a feeding and changing. My boss called me while I was trying to feed Lauren and since I didnt follow Monkey's procedure/schedule, she started screaming in the phone until I had to finally give her to Uncamo. As soon as I hung up the phone, I fed little Monkey. We played all day and had so much fun until Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma came to take her home.
Monkey missed Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma!
And could not wait to show off her new toy
After Monkey left, Uncamo and I enjoyed the silence for a moment, and then realized even though it was so hard we really missed her and wish she can come back soon for another playcation.
We love you Monkey!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment