Aden and Anais
The STAR blankets are used for bedtime. That way if I have a blow out, I do not wreck the pretty ones.
The ORANGE burp cloths are for at home use. Mommy thinks that they are ugly and will not use them in public. She reserves the pretty green ones for going out.
Jammies
All jammies are fair game except the white poodle jammies. Those are for looking cute.
Sleeping
Swaddle- I like to be swaddled with my hands free. Otherwise I will fight til I get them free, making so much noise that you will not be able to sleep. Mommy usually swaddles me with my fists at my face, so my hands are free, but my shoulders are still. I usually break free at some point in the night.
Pacifier- Sometimes I like my green one. Sometimes I like my other ones. You have to guess. I think it is funny that you have to try so hard. J And sometimes, I do not want one at all.
Sleeping- I sleep for about 4 hours at a time. If I am stirring a lot and it has not been about 3 ½ to 4 hours, that usually means I need a diaper change.
Morning Routine- I wake up to eat once in the middle of the night and then (usually) again around 5 or 6 in the morning. I go right back to sleep after a good burp. Then I wake up again to eat around 9 or 10 in the morning and then Mommy lets me swing so she can sleep some more. I usually cry if she puts me back in bed. I let her sleep until 11am or noon, sometimes 10:30am. I usually dose off too. I like to eat again when I wake up.
Afternoon Routine- Between noon and two I usually get fussy. I am not consolable, so Mommy puts me in my bouncy seat and I cry for a minute or so and when I get good and worked up…I fall asleep mid-cry. Every once in a while, she tries this and I keep screaming, it is because I am still hungry. 2 ounces of the good stuff and I am ready to make a ni-night. I usually sleep in my bouncy for an hour and sometimes Mommy moves me to my bed, sometimes she lets me stay there. I wake up and sleep when I want to. I will scream bloody murder if I am hungry.
Nightime- Mommy and Daddy give me a bath around 9 or 10pm, right after I have my late night dinner (which is usually 6 oz). Sometimes I am very sleepy, but it wakes me up. After my bath, I am totally chill and ready to be swaddled and make a ni-night. Sometimes, I just want to cuddle.
Feeding
Amounts- I tend to eat 4oz at a time. I will eat more if you let me, but I will get a tummy ache and scream and/or throw it up all over you. If I am still hungry, I will start fussing about 45 minutes later. Mommy gives me 2 more ounces and I am good to go. Sometimes I fuss right away…that means I have a bubble. I may not really be hungry.
Timing- I usually eat every 3 ½ to 4 hours. Sometimes 5 or 6 hours if I am really sleepy, but then I wake up crazy hungry, so have a bottle ready!
Burps- Mommy has found that if she burps me after every ounce, I do not get tummy aches or spit up as often. I know the routine. I may cry while you are burping me…that means I have a bubble. I will peck you when I am ready for my next ounce.
The Finale- Mommy lets me get one small suck of air at the end of my bottle. This lets me know that I have drained it. Otherwise, I think you are cutting me off and I get angry.
Diaper Change- I always get a diaper change right when I wake up, before I eat. This wakes me up. Sometimes, you have to change me again after too.
Diapers
Wipes- Only use wipes on my poopies.
Butt Paste- My butt paste is in my diaper bag. I rarely need it, but atleast it is there if we need it.
Changes- I do not like being in a wet diaper if I am sleeping. I will start stirring a lot in my sleep if I need a change. Mommy changes me about 10 minutes after a poopie. If it is a double poopie…meaning you hear me go…and then go again, she changes me right away, because that means we are about to have a blow out.
Poopies- I go poopies a lot in the morning. Usually 2-3 times before noon. I usually go once in the middle of the night too and throughout the day as I see fit. I like to go a lot when Daddy is watching me.
Other Things
I am allowed to have my paci whenever I want it.
My colic drops are in my diaper bag.

Written September 20, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment