Justin rolled Lauren in and I could not see her though the plexi glass bassinet she was in, plus the rails from my bed were in the way. Apparently he asked if I wanted to hold her. I thought I said no, but later, I saw that there are pictures of me holding her, so I guess I did hold her? And from the looks of it, attempted to breastfeed too?
Getting to meet her mommy for the first (real) time...those few moments in surgery barely count.
Nurse Stephanie handing her to me.
Love at first sight. One hour and thirty minutes old.
Kendall and Oscar came in first to visit. They were on their way out the door (at 9:30pm) because they had an early morning and did not think that they would get to see Lauren again anyways...so they came running back upstairs to meet her and hold her.
Auntie Kendie getting to hold Lauren for the first time, but we do not have any video from it. Kendall, do you have any video for me to add?
And Uncle Oscar (Uncamo) too...
Lauren meets Uncle Oscar. The password is Lauren.
After they left, my parents came in and held her and loved on her. It is all sort of fuzzy for me...
Lauren meets Bompie and Grandma. The password is Lauren.
Then around 10pm, I was moved to my postpartum room where I would stay for the remainder of my time at the hospital. Mom and dad came up with us. Justin pushed Lauren in her bassinet. I ended up on the 7th floor, which bummed me out, but the postpartum rooms were being remodeled, so I had no choice.
All bundled up and ready to move to her new home on the 7th floor.
Mommy rolling down the hall to the elevators.
Lauren following close behind with Daddy.

Written on August 20 & 21, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment