Friday, August 6, 2010

Our Last Night

Our last night at the hospital was equally annoying. The call button on Justin's bed randomly broke on its own and set off alarms all over the 7th floor. Nurse after nurse came in trying to fix it...and finally, a maintenance person came in and fixed it.

Our night nurse was really sweet, and her assistant was nice too. I was a little taken back because this nurse was not what I was expecting. It was a he. He had dread locks and looked like a drug dealer. He had a scraggly goatee and it freaked me out. He turned out to be a really nice guy. And even held Lauren and tried to calm her when she was having a melt down at some point in the middle of the night.

Lauren was also supposed to have her hearing test during the night and I really hated the idea of her leaving our bedside. She had not been alone, without one of us, ever. I kept asking about the hearing test and it kept getting delayed. This was frustrating because I knew we could not go home until she had it.

I truly think the only thing that got me through the night was knowing that we were leaving first thing in the morning.

Photobucket

Written on August 20 & 21, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment