Justin and I were absolutely starving, so we called in an order to Taco Shop to pick up on the way. I had to ride in the front seat because I was still sore and the ride from the hospital to our house in the back seat did not go so well. Right as we pulled in to the parking lot at Taco Shop, Lauren had a complete meltdown. I freaked out, ran around to the back seat and tried to console her. She was so worked up. I ended up pulling her out of her seat and squishing myself in the back behind the driver's seat. She calmed down a little bit and I loaded her back in to her seat for the 5 minute ride to Grandma and Bompie's House.
On the ride home, a frazzled Justin turned on the wrong street, a soda dumped all over me, further adding to our very stressed out moment. I wanted to have this adorable video tape with us pulling up to the house with our new baby...yeah, didn't happen. I could not get out of the car quick enough. Kendall was videoing when we arrived and the look on Justin's face was priceless. Oh, the look of a stressed out, new parent.
When we pulled in, there was a Welcome Home Lauren sign in front of where we were parking made by Kendall. It was so sweet.
We got out of the car, passed Lauren off to Kendall for a diaper change, I grabbed a few bites of food and then ran off with Lauren to try and feed her. Lauren was not having it. I was stressed out, she did not want to nurse, it was a mess.
Eventually, we settled in and my mom and Oscar got home from work. We opened presents from my mom and dad and Kendall and Oscar and then headed off to bed!
Welcome Home Presents for Lauren. The password is Lauren.

Written on August 22, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment